Read more on BishopMike.com
Lent 2A - March 8, 2020
Genesis 12:1-4a – God calls Abram at 75 to leave his country and kindred. “I will bless you to be a blessing.”
Psalm 121 – I lift my eyes to the hills. My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth. The Lord will be your shade. The sun will not strike you. The Lord will keep your going out and coming in forevermore.
Romans 4:1-5, 13-17 – The promise rests not only on the adherents to the law, but to those who share the faith of Abraham.
John 3:1-17 – Nicodemus comes to Jesus in the night. Born again.
The Gospel readings for Lent in Cycle A of the lectionary are the traditional texts that catechumenates studied in preparation for baptism. What if every new member class studied and reflected on these texts?
- Lent 1 (March 1, 2020): Matthew 4 (The Temptation in the Wilderness)
- Lent 2 (March 8, 2020): John 3 (Nicodemus) or Matthew 17
- Lent 3 (March 15, 2020): John 4 (Woman at the Well)
- Lent 4: (March 22, 2020) John 9 (Healing of the Man Born Blind)
- Lent 5: (March 29, 2020) John 11 (The Raising of Lazarus)